According to research, 86% of “Hemp Oil” being sold on Amazon is actually “Hemp Seed Oil” & not actually “CBD Oil”.
What’s the differnece? …Well
“Hemp Seed Oil” does not contain CBD.
And ‘Hemp Seed Oil’ does not have the same benefits as CBD….
Many sellers are falsely advertising “Hemp Seed Oil” on Amazon.
Amazon does not allow the sale of actual CBD containing oil as it’s against Amazon’s policy
Here’s everything you need to know in order to make an informed decision when buying or ordering CBD oil or any CBD products…
What’s The Difference Between “Hemp Oil” vs. “Hemp Seed Oil” vs. “CBD Oil”?
This language can be confusing…
Even for people in the cannabis industry, these terms can be confusing…..
And some Amazon sellers know that this CBD terminology is confusing and they’re trying to take advantage of people.
But we’ve done the research and it breaks down pretty simply.
Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil is typically sold in a 30mL glass tincture and is extracted from either the hemp or marijuana plant.
The CBD molecule is extracted from the leaves and mainly the flowers of the plant…. CBD does not come from seeds & is never ‘pressed’.
The ‘3rd party lab report’ which is available for all reputable CBD products will verify the amount of CBD contained in each product.
Always check the lab report.
Typically CBD Oil that is labeled as ‘CBD oil’ will contain CBD.
All CBD oil will either be ‘CBD Isolate Oil’ , ‘Full Spectrum CBD Oil’ or ‘Broad Spectrum CBD Oil’.
Hemp seed oil can be a great product for skin care, but it’s vastly different than CBD.
In fact “Hemp Seed Oil” does not contain CBD, CBG, CBN, or THC which are all contained in actual “Full Spectrum CBD” products.
These molecules are the key ingredients to CBD’s wide reaching medical benefits.
Hemp Seed Oil is true to its name and is derived from cold-pressing hemp seeds into oil….
Some companies say that their Hemp Oil comes from seeds & stems in an effort to appear more legit.
Unfortunately stems also contain little to no Cannabinoids such as CBD, CBG or CBN.
Don’t get us wrong, we’re not saying ‘Hemp Seed Oil’ doesn’t have its place in the world.
But Hemp Seed Oil is being advertised with the same benefits as ‘CBD Oil’ which is simply misleading and not true.
The main benefits of Hemp Seed oil comes from its high concentration of Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids which are largely beneficial to skin health.
This is why hemp seed oil has been used in skin care & beauty products for years.
The actual benefits of Hemp Seed Oil Include:
· Hemp Seeds Are Incredibly Nutritious
· Hemp Seeds May Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease
· Hemp Seeds and Oil May Benefit Skin Disorders
· Hemp Seeds May Reduce Symptoms of PMS and Menopause
· Whole Hemp Seeds May Aid Digestion
If it doesn’t say CBD on it, then it probably doesn’t contain any CBD.
This one’s tricky…
Hemp Oil does not have a specific definition other than oil than come from Hemp which is quite vague….
Sometimes, ‘CBD Oil’ is referred to as ‘Hemp Oil’….
And sometimes “Hemp Seed Oil” is referred to as ‘Hemp Oil’….This terminology just ads to the confusion
But in our opinion, when ‘Hemp Seed Oil’ is named or labeled as ‘Hemp Oil’ it is intentionally misleading.
If you see a product labeled as ‘Hemp Oil’ it’s best to check the ingredients and make sure you review the lab test results to confirm the product actually contains CBD.
Cannabis Oil is only available in certain states as this type of oil typically contains THC in different quantities.
Cannabis oil is also not legally sold over the internet.
Bottom Line Summary: If it’s doesn’t say “CBD” on the label, likely it’s not…. And make sure to check the lab results to be sure.
Where Can I Find CBD 3rd Party Lab Test Results
All reputable CBD companies will make their lab test results either available in store or on their websites.
If the lab report is not available upon request then we’d strongly advise that you steer clear of using that company or product.
Good quality brands & companies pride themselves on their reputation…
Like many of us, “Reputation is all you have”
So having their products ‘3rd party tested’ & displaying those results is not only a method of quality control for consumers, but also a measuring stick for reputable companies to use & be proud of.
What To Look For When Shopping For CBD Oil.
There’s a couple ways to make sure you’re buying quality products that actually contain CBD.
1. The first place to start is the label…If the label says CBD on the front then you’re off to a good start.
2. Always check the lab test results….If the product is legitimate the test results we likely be advertised. If the lab test results are not made available this is a ‘red flag’ & you should ask for them to make sure you know what’s in your product.
3. Look out for conflicting information….
If a product says “full spectrum” & “THC Free” we know that full spectrum products contain trace amounts of THC so something must be off…
4. Look out for Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids…Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids are key components of “Hemp Seed Oil” but not typically CBD oil.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING ANY CBD PRODUCTS
There’s a few tips you want to look out for when shopping for CBD products…..
- CBD is not the same as THC & won’t get you high (no, not even a little)
- CBD is 100% legal in the United States & available for sale online
- Full Spectrum CBD is Better Than CBD Isolate
- There are different ways to ingest CBD
- CBD has little to no side effects
- Don’t buy CBD on Amazon and expect it to work
- Always look for 3rd party independent lab test results for each product
We definitely wouldn’t recommend buying any hemp or CBD products on Amazon unless you’re specifically looking for “Hemp Seed Oil”.
As an advocate for the medical benefits of CBD we feel that a lot of Amazon sellers are taking advantage of the “Buzz” surrounding CBD by selling “Hemp” products and touting them with the same benefits of CBD even though their Hemp products do not actually contain CBD.
Always remember to ask for and review the 3rd party lab test results.
Any products that actually contain CBD on Amazon will likely make these lab results available with-out you hang to ask.
Check Out Out Our Other Interesting Articles About CBD…
- Using Psilocybin and CBD To Quit Addictions
- What’s the Difference: Marijuana vs. Cannabis vs. CBD vs. THC vs. Hemp ?
- CBD vs Xanax: CBD As A Natural Alternative to Xanax for Anxiety
- CBD Oil Praised As Natural Remedy for Mental Wellness
- This Is The Reason Why CBD (Might) Show Up On Your Drug Test ?
- DON’T Buy CBD On Amazon: Here’s Why
- Using CBD To Quit Weed: The Science (and my experience)
- CBD vs. Zoloft: A Natural Alternative For Anxiety?
- Why Does Weed Make (Some) People Feel Paranoid ? Cannabis Explained
- Why Is Cannabis (still) Illegal in the United States ?
- CBD As a Prednisone Alternative For Dogs
If you found this article interesting, give us a “share” to spread the word – We really appreciate it!
Feedback is always welcome…! If there’s anything we missed or got wrong…let us know.
Check out our unique Conscious Vibe Shop for some cool swag and to support our page.
Thanks for reading !